- Always wear padding and old clothes when doing initial test rides.
- It is a far greater thing to recover an old unitrike and take the time to fix it up than to buy a shiny new one. Find the love and make it your own.
- Think outside the box when looking for spare parts. Eveything you need can be found in a bike or DIY shop, if you don't see what you're after then you ain't looking hard enough!
- Don't be too proud of your paint job. A unitrike doesn't stay spotless for long.
- Don't ride unitrikes in traffic. Ever.